Friday, March 19, 2010

I want it to mean something.....

I want my life to mean something. I mean, I really want it to mean something. I want to see my generation and the generation coming after us to be transformed, radically changed, whole-heartedly, passionately serving the only true God. I don't want to live a life of compromise. I don't want to go from what feels good at each moment to what feels good the next moment. Nothing feels as good as His presence. Nothing feels as good as being in the center of His will.

There are so many things pulling at our attention. Many of these, people would say are not bad things. Things like movies, tv shows, etc. are not necessarily bad, though I do say I have a very high standard for what I will watch. I'm not going to pay to watch people take the name of the One who died for me in vain. Some might call it legalism - I call it trying to live a life that is holy. "Holy" is to be different, set-apart. Even if I'm not sure if I should be watching something, I'd rather not watch it than watch it only to realize later that it was a mistake. I'd rather err on the side of caution.

When I die, what do I want my accomplishments to be? Do I want my tombstone to read "She could quote Grey's Anatomy and saw lots of great movies?" No. I'd rather walk away from it all and just burn for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment